July 2023 Update - StandardsWorks 2.0 New Features and Platform Improvements

Hello StandardsWorks users,

Please see the attached slide deck below for a summary of what’s new with StandardsWorks 2.0 since my last topic was posted earlier this year.

StandardsWorks 2.0 New Features and Platform Improvements Update PDF - July 2023.pdf (2.2 MB)

Slides 2 and 3 summarize the most important work done over the last several months, while slide 4 highlights some major items we are currently working on.

The slide presentation also contains a video going through the slide content in the application itself, which can be found on slide 5.

There are screenshot examples included for easy reference starting on slide 7 until the end of the presentation. We are also working on user guide revisions and additional documentation to cover these changes which will be posted on the StandardsWorks home page.

As for what is coming next, subscribing to daily alert notifications and a brand new survey tool are major features we will be adding in the next few months. We will also be migrating all remaining users of StandardsWorks 1.0 to 2.0 and officially sunsetting StandardsWorks 1.0 later this year.

As always please let us know if you have any ideas or feedback by either replying to this post or emailing us at standardsworksfeedback@sae.org

We aim to keep making StandardsWorks a better platform for all of our valued standards committee members and will be continuing to work hard to add new features and optimizations in the coming months.

Best,
Andrew Homka - Technical Product Manager

1 Like

Thanks for the updates. It’s great to see additional features added to SW2. Will committee members be able to add meetings/dates to the calendar. Our committee has multiple virtual working group meetings between our face to face twice yearly meetings and it would be good to a)have the invites come from the SAE and b)see them all in one place.

Thanks for your comment Kevin. This seems like an interesting and useful idea and I would like to talk to you more about this to make sure I fully understand how it would be used.

Is there any plan for integration with a hosted git repo, such as GitHub Enterprise or GitLab Enterprise?

1 Like

Thanks for the question Derek.

We are working on plans for new collaboration tools to be hosted within Standardsworks in 2024. I also have plans to talk to several committee members about git repos specifically and try to better understand committee members needs for using that.

I would be happy to talk to you more about this soon and setup some time with you.

FYI. I recently came across this. The Open Group, which manages a many open standards, such as FACE and SOSA, recently began using this agile engineering approach for digital document collaboration.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing Derek, I will read through this in more detail!

We are currently reviewing a number of options/solutions to enhancing collaboration directly in StandardsWorks.

My update post from January 2024 has more details, but we are targeting this as a major roadmap goal to have in place later this year.

Would you be open to me setting up some time with you to talk about this topic more directly?