Remove a person from a custom mailing list

How can you remove a person from a custom mailing list made under the participants tab?

Hi Kevin, for your question just to confirm do you mean how to remove a person from a custom group you created under the participants group tab in StandardsWorks 2.0?

If so I will write up some steps on how you can do this and/or record a quick video and post it here.

Hello Andrew,
Yes, the question is how to remove a person from a custom group created under participants in SW2.0.

However, since posting, we have figured out that the button adjacent to the person’s name acts as a toggle switch. If you’re in the group, hit the button and it will remove you. If you’re out of the group, hit the button and it will add you.

Or is there a better way?

Sounds like you figured it out Kevin! Yes, the button next to the person’s name is a toggle switch that can be used to delete. Thats what I was going to show with screenshots here.

We don’t believe this is very intuitive, so we are going to work on improving this behavior and improving the UI in this area amongst our other work.

Thanks!

Fully agree, it’s not intuitive!

Changing topics - another thing I noticed that doesn’t feel comfortable is the page listing of the participants. There are about 300 participants in the Aircraft Seat Committee and I would like to simply scroll through them all to find the person I need. Setting the default page view to be 50 means I have to reload the page a number of times to get to the back half of the alphabet, or set the participant count to 2000, which seems to disappear into a loop of some sort before allowing me to scroll.

The Participants tab will be undergoing a number of improvements in the coming weeks. The default number of participants displayed on a page is 50, as that is best for performance with our testing.

We just recently added the option for up to 2000 participants on the same page. StandardsWorks 2.0 is loading more data in a more interactive way than 1.0 did (1.0 just displayed a static list) therefore the page takes a longer amount of time to load.

If you click the 2000 option, then let the page sit for 10-20 seconds, it should load properly and then you have every participant on the same page. We will be working on performance improvements for the loading on this page with the 2000 option, but that is how it is working right now.

if you try to click right away after using the 2000 option, the page will likely be unresponsive until it fully loads for now.

We are also working on adding search functionality to the participant’s tab, an optimized printing button for the list, and a filter by participant role among other things.