December 2022 - StandardsWorks 2.0 New Features and Platform Improvements

The following are some bigger features and improvements currently being worked on by our software development team for StandardsWorks 2.0. This is not an exhaustive list of everything we are working on, but these are meant to serve as some highlights on specific things I have seen multiple committee members or SAE committee managers inquire about.

We will update and add to this list over time based on user feedback. Please let us know if there are any features or improvements you would really like to see by replying to this post :smiley:

Display all participants on one page

• An option for “2000” will be added at the bottom of the Participants page for all committees. This will allow you the ability to display every person in your committee on the same page, so that you can email as many individual people as needed.

• You can also search for a specific member using Ctrl+F while we finish up adding a search capability to the participants tab.

• Targeted for rollout to users by Tuesday November 29th or sooner

This is now live!

Sharing of files and links

• Adding ability to share any file or link with other users in StandardsWorks 2.0 with a new button

• There will be a button called “Copy URL” added to any file or link populated in the WIP work area and also any file or link that resides under the Committee Work area.

This is now live!

Improvements to WIP work area group share

• Improvements being worked to improve stability and also to share WIP work areas with task forces

This is now live!

Download functionality for other calendar file types (currently supporting .ics files only)

• Plan is to support other calendar types needed to work with ical, gmail, and outlook

• We also plan to improve this functionality to capture information directly from a word document or the original meeting invitation, this will be more complicated and take more effort on our part

• Targeted for rollout to users in Q1 2023

Searching for participants on the participants tab and filtering by role

• Adding a search bar to find specific committee participants to the participants page

• Also adding a filter option to only show specific roles only on the participant tab, for example a list of all liasions

• This is now live as of late December 2022.

Search ability for published documents in a committee and through the entirety of StandardsWorks

• Adding ability to the published documents tab to search for a specific published document in a committee

• Also going to add a global published document search, will work in a similar manner to how our currently implemented global WIP document search works

• Targeted for rollout to users in January 2022

Need to be able to download ballot comments in near future (jan 1, 2023) latest. This is needed to prepare agendas for upcoming spring 2023 meetings.

Hi Jacque,

The downloading of ballot comment history for editorial consultants is currently being worked on by the development team and expected to be ready sometime in the next two weeks or sooner.

This wasn’t an exhaustive list of every single feature, bug, or general improvement we are working on (we have a lot of other stuff in-progress as well) but the above list of 6 items was the most requested or written in about so wanted to give a general update so people could know when to expect those specific features.

Best,
Andrew

It is unclear how to send an email to all or to select members of a committee. I can’t locate this information in the directions or with a search.

Mark Geiger Mark2357@cox.net

Hello Mark, the email functionality works differently in the new version of StandardsWorks from the previous version, but it is pretty easy.

I cover this topic in the training webinars I ran/recorded for the release of 2.0.

If you specifically go to timestamp 17:10 I cover how to send emails to one or more participants in your committee.

If you specifically go to timestamp 25:20 I cover how to send emails to everyone in the committee or certain pre-defined lists of leadership groups.

We also cover how the email functionality works in our user guide and quick start videos found on the home page of StandardsWorks 2.0 at the bottom.
https://standardsworks.sae.org/standards-committees

Update for January 2023 is now available here in a new separate post: